Get your summer off to an entertaining start with our fiendish family brainteasers. Designed to get everyone thinking, these riddles are a great way to give the mind a workout and have some fun at the same time.
1. A man stands on one side of a river, his dog on the other. The man calls his dog, who immediately crosses the river without getting wet and without using a bridge or a boat. How did the dog do it?
2. A sundial has the fewest moving parts of any timepiece. Which has the most?
3. What makes this number unique: 8,549,176,320?
4. A man was walking in the rain. He was in the middle of nowhere. He had nothing and nowhere to hide. He came home all wet, but not a single hair on his head was wet. Why is that?
5. How do you make the number 66 one-and-a-half times bigger, without doing any maths?
6. A harp has four of these, and a guitar has six. What are we talking about?
7. What symbol can you put between 3 and 4, so that the result is higher than 3 but less than 4?
8. Some months have 31 days, some have 30. How many have 28?
All solved or still stumped? Drop us an email and we’ll send you the answers.